Monday, June 23, 2008

6/23/08

I am glad that I waiting to post this time, because otherwise you all would be concerned for nothing like we were. Actually I had some more computer problems that made it difficult. You will all love this bit of news . . . Lexey is now 2 lbs and 13oz. That means she is almost 3 lbs. Wow does she look great! Well my picturs did not turn out great but Brian and Kim will send me some. She was wearing a preemie onezie (sp?) and it was sooooo big on her! When we do get the picturees thanks goes out to Gloria for the bow, it fit perfectly, we might have to upgrade to a large orange or a smaller grapefruit as she seems to be growing so fast now. Well yesterday Dr. Jenkins was still on vacation and his replacement was going to order an EKG today because sometimes Lexey has an inregular heartbeat. Today Dr. Jenkins came back and said it was not neseccary. Preemies sometimes have an irregular heartbeat. They were also talking about moving her to the 2nd floor(wonderful news) but one of her blood count cells were low, so she is getting a blood transfusion again this week. Then if there is room and she is doing as well as she is now she will get to move upstairs and out of the NICU!!!!! Of course it would be better if that move was home, but she is not ready for that yet. The doctor still says 3 more weeks if she keeps it up. Today she had two of her feedings through the bottle!! Those feedings were right in a row. She was tired the rest of the day but that was great news as it shows that she is getting stronger.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Hi there,
You guys don't know me but I heard about your sweet baby from my friend Jaime M. We also had a baby in the NICU a short 3 months ago so it's almost I'm reliving your experience when I read your blog. I have complete confidence in Dr. Jenkins and the staff there and miss seeing some of the fabulous Nurses (Carolyn!). I will continue to check in on baby Lexey and her progress. In the meantime, stay strong and take any help that is offered you!
Take care,
Kellie

Gg said...

I don't know if you remember me, I am David Gerritsen's mom, here in California. I have been following Lexey ever since Kristy sent me the blog information. This is such wonderful news. All of the Gerritsens here in California have been praying for your and your sweet daughter. May the Lord continue to bless her and your very special family.

Take Care,
Georgia

The Stimpsons said...

Yeah! only 3 weeks! Let the countdown begin!!!