Saturday, June 28, 2008

6/28/08

Well our favorite baby is up and over 3 lbs!!! 3lbs and 2 ozs to be exact!! Wow, huh! She got a blood transfusion on Thursday and is doing well. They also gave her another eye test on that day too. Her eyes are still developing fine and they don't have concerns. So now we are back to waiting. Oh I don't think that I metioned that this week has been a big week for another reason. This week the doctor and nurses have let those on the VIP list gold Lexey!! That means Grandpa and Grandma Beck, Grandpa Martin, and yours truly!! It is so fun to finally be able to handle her after watching her in the incubator. Kim wanted us to start handling her as we will be helping caring for her when she comes home. Today Brian, Kim and I put together Lexey's bed and worked on her room in anticipation of Lexey coming home sometime in the middle or end of July. It was fun to organize the stuff that they already have for her. Now we play more of the waiting game. But well goes the battle!

3 comments:

knittenmom said...

I have been out of town for a few weeks but the firdst thing I did when I got home was to see how Lexie was doing!! I am so happy that all is going well!! You are all in our thoughts and prayers and if I can do anything, PLEASE let me know.
Our love, Cheryl and Raeo

janna said...

that is exciting news!

The Stimpsons said...

Hey, We want to be on the VIP list! Sign us up ;)

We can't wait to see Lexey again!!

Yahoo!